Cellulite, a very common type of skin disorder is observed in many irrespective of age and gender. About 95% of women are affected by this condition, which is also dominant in other obese people. Cellulite is nothing but the deposition of fat below the skin layer that gives a bumpy and dimpled appearance on the skin. These lumpy fat deposits are generally found in thighs, buttocks, stomach and butt. Sometimes the skin gives an orange peel like appearance. The condition starts appearing in females after the onset of puberty due to the hormonal changes in the body. Cellulite does not produce any serious ailments, but it mars the appearance of the skin to a great extent.
Common symptoms observed are
1. Bulges, dimples and pits appearing on the skin due to fat deposition.
2. Sagging of the skin in the thighs and buttocks.
3. Wrinkled skin in some cases.
1. The female hormones like estrogen and progesterone are responsible for the building up of cellulite. Thyroid hormones, insulin and non-adrenaline hormones are other contributing factors for this condition.
2. Taking too much of fatty foods and sweets also lead to the fat deposition.
3. Sometimes genetics also play an important role.
4. Smoking and lack of physical workouts aids in fat deposition.
Home Remedies for Cellulite
Massaging and keeping the body weight in check are the two main steps in reducing cellulite. Following some simple home remedies consistently is highly effective in treating this condition.
1. Massaging the affected areas with coconut oil is very effective in reducing cellulite.
2. Massaging the hips, buttocks and thighs affected with cellulite with a mixture of almond oil, rosemary oil and saunf oil, mixing each in the ratio of 1:1:1 also produces good results.
3. A balanced diet that includes fresh fruits, vegetables and low in fats and calories helps in minimizing the cellulite problem.
4. Drinking a mixture of two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water every morning reduces the cellulite condition. One can add honey in it as a sweetener.
5. Smoking and drinking worsens the problem of cellulite.
6. Stretching exercises involving thighs, buttocks, hips and abdomen helps in burning of the fat reducing the cellulite marks. Similarly, various yoga postures also help in controlling this problem.
7. Horsetail plant is rich in silica that improves blood circulation and strengthens the blood vessels that eventually reduces the cellulite problem.
8. Gotu Kola herb builds up fibrous connective tissue and reduces the amount of collagen from the cellulite affected areas.
9. It is better to avoid junk and fried foods, which may aggravate the condition.
10.Excess salt in the diet must be avoided to prevent the water retention in the body.